Pickerings Accredited to SSIP Core Criteria
Pickerings has recently been assessed against SSiP and has been awarded SMAS Worksafe health and safety accreditation. The award is an industry recognised approach to health and safety certification.
Holding a valid certificate means Pickerings has demonstrated their capability by meeting the Core Criteria and allows them to work with thousands of organisations.
Many construction companies and Principal Contractors have adopted SSIP as a Health and Safety pre-qualification and will only use contractors that hold a valid certificate issued by an SSIP Member Scheme.
As part of its assessment Pickerings had to achieve standards that included:
- Having and implemented an appropriate policy that sets out Health and Safety management at all levels within the organisation.
- Showing how they discharge their duties under current Health and Safety legislation.
- Having access to competent Health and Safety advice, preferably within own organisation.
- Having in place, and implemented, training arrangements to ensure employees have the skills and understanding to discharge their duties.
- Having employees with appropriate qualifications and experience.
Pickerings hires and sells modular buildings and temporary offices to construction sites nationwide. In 2019 Pickerings achieved 1000 days without a reportable accident in all its activities within its own operations and customers sites across England and Wales.
To see more of our accreditations and memberships please visit our Accreditations page.