Operations Manager - Southampton
We are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager at Pickerings Depot in Southampton.
The Operations Manager is responsible for scheduling, coordinating and supervising the work of all operatives, ensuring that all work is delivered safely on time and within budget along with managing equipment and materials required.
You will be reporting to the Southampton General Manager and be responsible for all of the depot yard team.
Health and safety
- Complying with and managing all Health & Safety relating to the welfare of others at all times in the depot and on site
- Promoting the culture of a safe working environment and actively encouraging feedback and ideas to improve the safety of the working environment – everyone’s responsibility
- Manage the depot and site Risk Assessments & Method Statements (R.A.M.S) and adhere to the Health and Safety policies on depot and onsite at all times
- All direct employees work to and have signed the relevant R.A.M.S according to their job description and duties in line with the company policies and procedures
- Once trained, write depot specific RAMS liaising with Health & Safety manager
- The full compliance of Health and safety audits. All recommended actions are completed within reasonable timescale
- Reporting near misses and accidents – actioning any next steps to prevent reoccurrence
- Ensuring everyone is fully compliant of the 4C’s within the yard at all times including visitors
- Ensuring the yard and workshops are maintained in a safe condition and secure at all times
- Ensuring the team comply within the Working Time Directive (WTD)
- Ensuring toolbox talks are delivered in an environment where there is open two – way communication
- When dealing with any customers do so in a professional and timely manner.
- Overall responsibility of quality of units and presentation of the yard area
- Responsible for the utilization of stock in line with company asset management cycle
- Ownership of project management ensuring all equipment is readily available including correct staffing levels, tools, equipment
- Responsible for the management and procurement of yard materials
- Reviewing and ensuring all hire items have had PDI and electrical testing before hire commences suitably filed.
- Responsible for ensuring the correct equipment is readily available so the units are delivered on time to a high standard
- Ensure any transferred equipment is in hirable condition
- Ensuring the communication between the yard and office is fluid to meet the reactive needs of the business
- Accountable for workshop costs
- Accountable for the continuous improvement of the operations and efficiency
- Attend and participate in meetings and training sessions that may be necessary to the performance of my duties
- Comply with and uphold company policies and procedures
- Undertake any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time
- Embrace and live the company Values
- Everything is actioned in line with our vision
- Responsible for managing holidays within operations
- Responsible for accurately completing the time sheets
- Ensuring the correct training and development of colleagues is implemented for the business needs
- Accountable for the integrity of information relating to colleagues and sensitive operational issues
- Responsible for the recruitment of the operation team
- Responsible for the new starters – ensuring they have an induction and full PPE
- Responsible for supporting performance within the operations team
- Following the correct poor performers process where necessary
- Honest performance reviews with the team are completed in the moment as well as when required
- Managing and supporting absences within the operations as per absence policy
- Responsible for disciplinary procedures for the operations team and supporting the wider team
It is a requirement of Pickerings that all colleagues work in a flexible manner compatible with their job and in line with the objectives of the company.
Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the business.
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday buy back scheme
- 25 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
Job Type: Full time
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org