Modular Specialist - Teesside
We have an opportunity for a Modular Specialist to join one of the fastest growing providers of Portable cabins, Secure Storage Solutions, Modular buildings. With Industry leading pay and facilities.
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Location – Middlesbrough, Teesside
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Ensuring you comply with and adhere to all R.A.M.S and Health & safety policies including the correct use and wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE).
This role could suit candidates from a range of backgrounds including Multi Trader, Property Maintenance, Handy person, Manufacturing Operative, Fitter / Fabricator and Modular Operatives as no 2 days are the same.
The company's Modular Operatives are multi-skilled and carry out a variety of tasks every day whilst refurbishing and cleaning the fleet of cabins (wood, plastic and steel) for hire. Once fully trained, you may be involved in:
- Building Modular to required drawing specification.
- Install, dismantle, and maintain modular units to highest standard
- Fitting and removal of partitions, floors, ceilings & other fittings
- Cleaning units or preparing furniture for the units
- Preparation, and painting both interior and exterior paintwork
- Completing basic plumbing; installing sinks, taps, worktops, etc
- Completing basic electrical work and PAT Testing; installing water heaters, hand dryers etc.
- Prepping, painting, and spraying of units
- Use of a Forklift to move units and items.
- Fitting door locks and cutting keys and performing basic uncoded welding
- Lay vinyl floor coverings
- All other general maintenance, repair, assembly, and fitting work as required
The environment is a busy one, with lots of variety and plenty of opportunity to develop your skills.
- You would need to have a willingness to learn, the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team, a flexible approach to work and working hours.
- Preferably have a good mix of general repair / maintenance / multi trader / handyman work experience or experience in a Manufacturing Operative / Fitter role with experience of using power tools.
- A good understanding of Health and Safety and Quality Control
- A good work ethic and positive attitude with the ability to work in a manual role in all weathers.
- Coming from a Modular and existing supplier of cabins would be an advantage.
Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the business.
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday buy back scheme
- 25 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Spectrum Life – Healthy Mind and Body (bespoke fitness and food plan)
- Benefits Hub – discounts on retailers, days out, restaurants, holidays and more
Job Type: Full time
To apply please click here
Pickerings is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Any unsolicited CV’s will be sent at the recruitment agency’s own risk and will be interpreted as ‘gifts’ and we have no liability to you for any fee or otherwise. We reserve the right to engage with candidates directly having not, in any way, entered into your terms and conditions for this vacancy. By submitting an unsolicited CV to us, or to any member of our staff, you accept these terms as the default position. If we require your assistance with any vacancy we will contact you.