Yard Operative, Manchester
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Yard Operative to join a privately owned hire firm.
Since formation in 1969, the company has grown into a leading, privately owned hire firm, specialising in site accommodation equipment. The Yard Operative will be responsible for maintaining accommodation to a high standard.
Duties that will be included in this role:
- Ensuring you comply with the 4 C’s policy.
- Ensuring you comply with and adhere to all R.A.M.S and Health & safety policies including the correct use and wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Preparing site accommodation and equipment to a high standard ready for hire in accordance with the quality standards manual and P.D.I.
- Carrying out repairs and refurbishments on site accommodation.
- Complete PAT Testing and Level 1 & Level 2 electrical work as and when required and implement in day to day work if fully trained and qualified.
- Competently use the forklift truck to move units around the yard, if fully trained.
- Spray paint the units to Pickering’s standard and the customer’s specification if fully trained.
- When dealing with customers always present yourself in a professional manner.
- Keeping the yard clean and tidy, maintaining company standards at all times.
- Have a full clean Driving License
- Be a good team player
- Energetic and driven
- Have the ability to work on own initiative when required.
- Very flexible with good work ethic
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety procedures
- Good working knowledge of carpentry and plumbing
- Good working knowledge of 240 volt electrical systems
- Knowledge of the plant and accommodation industry is desirable
The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8am – 5.00pm.
- Competitive Salary
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Holiday buy back scheme
- 25 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position please email your current CV to: email@example.com