Yard Operative - Leeds
An opportunity has arisen at our depot in Leeds. The role of the Yard Operative is to clean, repair and prepare site accommodation ready for hire, while maintaining the yard to company standards as per the quality standards manual and in accordance with the current Risk Assessment Method Statements (R.A.M.S)
Reporting to: Operations Manager
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensuring you comply with and adhere to all R.A.M.S and Health & safety policies including the correct use and wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ensuring you comply with the 4 C’s policy.
- Preparing site accommodation and equipment to a high standard ready for hire in accordance with the quality standards manual and P.D.I.
- Carrying out repairs and refurbishments on site accommodation.
- When dealing with customers always present yourself in a professional manner.
- Keeping the yard clean and tidy, maintaining company standards at all times.
- Attend and participate in meetings and training sessions that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
- Complying with and upholding company policies and procedures.
- Undertaking any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time.
- Counter weight forklift licence desirable to competently move units around the yard.
ADDITIONAL TRAINING (DEPOT SPECIFIC)
- Complete PAT Testing and Level 1 & Level 2 electrical work as and when required and implement in day to day work if fully trained and qualified.
- Spray paint the units to Pickering’s standard and the customer’s specification if fully trained.
It is a requirement of Pickerings that all colleagues work in a flexible manner compatible with their job and in line with the objectives of the company.
Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the business.
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday buy back scheme
- 25 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
Job Type: Full time
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org