UK Sales Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a UK Sales Manager Manager to join a privately owned hire firm. In return, we offer a competitive salary plus employer contribution pension scheme.
Since formation in 1969, the company has grown into a leading, privately owned hire firm, specialising in the hire of both mechanical, non-mechanical and site accommodation equipment
The role of UK sales manager takes a pivotal role in leading sustainable growth for the business by directing, supporting and developing people and delivering with your teams. Having demonstrated the capability and passion for the business; you will care about doing the right thing for customers. You show this everyday through confident delivery, tenacity for making things happen and determination to drive through change and improvement.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring actively seeking new customers and building rapport with customers to create continued relationships.
- Providing accurate quotations and processing customer orders within agreed timescales.
- Ensuring the sales teams are proactively upselling and cross selling products at every opportunity to increase sales and profit margins.
- Ensure sales team proactively seeking new markets and selling to new sectors in the marketplace.
- Ensure any customer enquiries or complaints are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner.
- Leading the sales team to put customers first and understand the importance of being the best locally.
- Keeping self and colleagues up to date with product knowledge, coaching and building my team’s capability to give excellence service.
- Building relationships and trust with customers and leading the teams to do the same.
- Continually deliver great customer service, representative of the company.
- Making decisions that are right for our customers by understanding who they are and providing the right range, accurate pricing and quality products.
- Proactively liaising with customers and suppliers over the phone and/or on site when required.
- Managing the enquiry conversion process diligently by not allowing build up’s.
- Knowing your customers and keeping abreast of accounts, being quick to react to any changes
- Provide a high standard of customer service to our customers by dealing with any issues prior to acceptance of order by depot
People - "Empowering Growth Through our People"
- Ensuring colleagues have the tools, training and confidence to do their job and be the best for our customers.
- Always leading by example and creating a culture which reflects our company values.
- Promptly identifies and properly manages underperforming employees, showing an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Delegates and empowers their team by setting clear objectives to achieve desired results.
- Motivate the team, praise and positively reinforce the right behaviours and good performance.
- Regularly and effectively presents and shares information with the team to ensure that they understand the Company’s values, goals and results.
How I Do It
- Continually review my team’s objectives and personal development plans and hold them accountable to deliver their roles and KPI’s
- Leading by example and have a personal development plan based on data-based feedback that addresses any behavioural and technical needs.
- Hold weekly team meetings to guarantee the team are focussed and motivated. The team implement and review activities on time.
- Actively getting to know your teams through regular informal 1-2-1’s discussing what’s gone well and where the opportunities are, as well as general “how are you?” chats
- Creating a culture for the sales team to have fun at work and enjoy being part of a team who cares about the success of our business
- Maintaining regular contact with the Depot team, assisting with customer and supplier queries, fleet management and cost control as and when required.
- Supporting and managing sales within the depots by assisting and / or challenging where necessary.
- Attend, participate and contribute in all meetings and training sessions.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven track record of delivering KPI's
- Have successfully managed external & internal sales teams
- Experience of modular temporary accommodation
- Full driving licence.
- Good analytical and interpretation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good reasoning skills.
- Able to multi-task, work to deadlines and deliver results.
- Results driven.
- Generates enthusiasm and has a positive attitude.
- Can react quickly to change.
- Good negotiator.
- Competitive Salary
- Company car & fuel allowance
- Holiday buy back scheme
- Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
To apply for this position please email your current CV to: email@example.com