A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join Pickerings in a senior management position based at our Head Office in Measham. Pickerings is a long established, reputable and privately owned provider of high quality portable accommodation including modular buildings, portable cabins and related products and services.
You will take overall responsibility for the performance of the region including sales, profit and loss, preparation of annual budgets, cost control, employment of staff, training, customer service and health and safety through effective communication, delegation, monitoring and reporting.
Key working relationships with Managing Director, Finance Director, Regional Director, Transport Manager, Depot Managers, HR Business Partner, H&S Manager, Sales Team and Accounts Team.
Your main duties will include but not be limited to the following tasks:
- Preparing annual depot budgets in conjunction with the Managing Director and Finance Director and controlling all expenditure against these.
- Engaging with Depot Managers and the Transport Manager on a regular basis and supporting them in achieving budgeted costs, income and profitability levels and ensuring regular reviews of performance measures.
- Ensuring regional invoice queries are at agreed minimum levels, reduce bad debt and help increase cash flow by proactively resolving credit issues, by maintaining regular dialogue with customers utilising Head Office support.
- Ensuring regional utilisation percentage is within or better than budgeted levels, by achieving budgeted rental targets (units on rent), inter-depot transfers, and ensuring disposals are promptly sold off.
- Creating an environment where employees are motivated to deliver optimum performance, ensuring that there is effective communication and co-operation between depots, regions and Head Office.
- Ensuring compliance with Health, Safety & Environmental standards within the depots through weekly and monthly audits and constantly seeking ways of improving standards through regular liaison with the management team and H&S Manager.
- Contributing to creating UK sales strategy and delivering this strategy on a regional level by effectively managing Regional Account Managers and supporting the central sales force.
- Proactively grow customer base in line with the company strategy, whilst achieving expected price, income levels in line with budget.
- Ensuring development of the business through creating operational strategy in line with the company strategy, guiding, supporting the Depot Managers in delivering market leading customer service.
- Ensuring all people related matters are professionally dealt with, seeking HR support where needed.
- Ensuring all mechanical equipment is maintained, updated and serviced as per the company’s quality manual, and accommodation units are maintained to the highest standards in line with compliance and company expectations with the support of the Depot Managers, Transport Manager and Training Manager.
- Taking an active role in the growth of depots by making recommendations for acquiring new depots and improving existing ones by means of relocation and organic growth.
- Ensuring fleet condition management and stock take are completed within company guidance and procedure
- Ensuring timely and effective response to Health & Safety, legal requirements, customers and business requirements.
- Complying with and upholding company policies and procedures.
What we have to offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Company car
- Mobile phone and laptop
- Fantastic working environment
- Development and support
- Health plan benefits
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this role at Pickerings please email your current CV to email@example.com