Regional Account Manager - London
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Regional Account Manager (London Area) to join a privately-owned hire firm. In return, we offer a competitive salary plus employer contribution pension scheme.
Since formation in 1969, the company has grown into a leading, privately owned hire firm, specialising in the hire of both mechanical, non-mechanical and site accommodation equipment.
The Regional Account Manager will be expected to increase Pickerings Hire direct market share within the London Region and develop the future growth of the Pickerings Modular Building & Pickerings+ Range. This will be through increased hire revenues with new and existing customers and developing long term relationships.
Duties will include:
- Identifying and growing opportunities within the London Region and collaborating with the Head of UK Sales, sales office and depots to ensure continued growth.
- Carrying out controlled sales calling to targeted customers as identified by the Head of UK Sales. These will be predominantly within the London Region, with a potential spend of £250k per annum.
- Developing sales strategies by targeting multiuser sites, with a view to increasing larger site setups with Pickerings Modular Building Range and Pickerings+ Range.
- An agreed target base of 80 customers who have the potential for hiring multiple site set ups to also include our 32’ units.
- Increasing customer base following up Glenigans leads generated by the sales office and identifying potential new business whilst on the patch.
- Utilising previous industry knowledge and contacts to provide competitive advantage specially to promote the Pickerings Modular Building Range and Pickerings+ Range.
- Take responsibility for the entire sales, design and planning process for the life cycle of each enquiry and order placed.
- Forecasting and tracking key accounts and reporting as necessary to the Head of UK Sales on a weekly basis.
- Understand cost bases in relation to quoting and achieving the required margins.
- Agreeing customer specific Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) with the Head of UK Sales and Managing Director.
- Building and maintaining strong, long lasting customer relationships.
- Forward planning, weekly visits to your customer base. Prioritising and maximising their potential.
- Attending meetings that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
- Complying with and upholding company policies and procedures.
- Undertaking any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of face to face selling and managing accounts within the hire industry.
- Experience of modular temporary accommodation
- Quoting from CAD drawings
- Full driving licence.
- Good analytical and interpretation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good reasoning skills.
- Able to multi-task, work to deadlines and deliver results.
- Results driven.
- Generates enthusiasm and has a positive attitude.
- Can react quickly to change.
- Good negotiator.
- Knowledge of Glenigans.
- Competent with digital conferencing platforms such as Microsoft Teams or Zoom.
- Knowledge of Salesforce software packages.
- Sales/Business management qualifications or similar.
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday buy back scheme
- 25 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
It is a requirement of Pickerings that all colleagues work in a flexible manner compatible with their job and in line with the objectives of the company.
Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the business.
To apply for this position please email your current CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org