The role of a Procurement Coordinator is to support the operations team. You will be responsible for controlling the purchasing of goods and service while managing costs in a timely manner. With a focus on the purchasing procedure in a growing business. You will be required to source new products and improve the supply of existing products while monitoring supplier performance and stock control.
Reporting to: Managing Director
Health and safety
- Comply with all Health & Safety that relates to the welfare of others and self at all times in the Pickerings locations and on sites.
- Develop and improve the overarching procurement strategy.
- Produce reports and management information.
- Efficient stock management.
- Manage the goods in process
- Research and evaluate the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery and quality.
- Raise formal Purchase Orders for high value purchases.
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Negotiate and agree both long and short-term supply chain contracts and prices, including the ongoing review and monitoring of quality.
- Maintain supplier contracts, ensuring up to date and easily accessible.
- Manage and develop the Purchasing system including helping to create a Purchase Policy.
- To manage negotiations with Suppliers to ensure the most competitive rates & payment terms
- Updating management systems within purchasing
- To keep the supplier database up to date and source and approve new suppliers
- Approve invoices when necessary, checking against purchase order
- To ensure Purchasing procedures are followed in accordance with company standards
It is a requirement of Pickerings that all colleagues work in a flexible manner compatible with their job and in line with the objectives of the company.
Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the business.
• Competitive Salary
• Holiday buy back scheme
• 25 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays
• Company pension scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Spectrum Life – Healthy Mind and Body (bespoke fitness and food plan)
• Benefits Hub – discounts on retailers, days out, restaurants, holidays and more
Job Type: Full time
To apply please click here
Pickerings is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Any unsolicited CV’s will be sent at the recruitment agency’s own risk and will be interpreted as ‘gifts’ and we have no liability to you for any fee or otherwise. We reserve the right to engage with candidates directly having not, in any way, entered into your terms and conditions for this vacancy. By submitting an unsolicited CV to us, or to any member of our staff, you accept these terms as the default position. If we require your assistance with any vacancy we will contact you.