Mechanical Fitter - Leeds
To safely maintain, refurbish and repair generators and site accommodation.
Job Type: Full time
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Health & Safety:
- Complying with all Health & Safety policies and procedures relating to the welfare of others and self at all times in the depot and on site. Complying with depot and site RAMS
- Complete PDI/Service Sheets in line with the quality standards manual
- Ensuring the daily vehicle safety checks are completed, the vehicle is maintained and any defects are reporting immediately. Including housekeeping
- Maintenance of yard and workshops
- Complete Workshop/Health & Safety Check Sheets in line with Operations Manager’s instructions
- Ensuring you comply with the 4 C’s policy
- Repairs and maintenance of site accommodation
- Service and repair of generators, fault finding and diagnosis
- Paint spraying site accommodation units. (If fully trained)
- Delivery of small towed units, when necessary (If fully trained)
- Ensure van is stocked with enough correct parts
- Represent the company in a professional manner and remain courteous to our customers at all times
- When attending sites ensure route planning is practicable, cost effective and meets customer expectations
- Attend and participate meetings and training sessions that may be necessary in the performance of your duties
- Comply with and uphold company policies and procedures
- Undertake any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time
It is a requirement of Pickerings that all colleagues work in a flexible manner compatible with their job and in line with the objectives of the company.
Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the business.
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday buy back scheme
- 25 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assist Programme
- Spectrum Life – Healthy Mind and Body (bespoke fitness and food plan)
- Benefits Hub – discounts on retailers, days out, restaurants, holidays and more.
To apply please click here.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Any unsolicited CV’s will be sent at the recruitment agency’s own risk and will be interpreted as ‘gifts’ and we have no liability to you for any fee or otherwise. We reserve the right to engage with candidates directly having not, in any way, entered into your terms and conditions for this vacancy. By submitting an unsolicited CV to us, or to any member of our staff, you accept these terms as the default position. If we require your assistance with any vacancy we will contact you.