Hire Controller - Swindon
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our depot in Swindon for a Hire Controller to assist in the safe, smooth and efficient day to day running of the depot and to work flexibly as a member of the team, providing a customer-focused service.
Job Type: Full time
Reporting to: Assistant Manager
Health & Safety:
- Complying with all Health & Safety policies and procedures relating to the welfare of others and myself at all times in the depot and on site.
- Complying with the depot and site Risk assessments & Method statements (R.A.M.S).
- Comply with and uphold company policies and procedures.
- Liaising with customers and suppliers, as and when required, presenting yourself in a professional manner.
- Working collaboratively with other depots, sharing stock and passing orders on for their areas and providing assistance as and when required, either in person or over the phone
- Liaising with the Operations Manager around readiness of equipment, breakdowns, availability etc
- Use all relevant aspects of the Insphire hire system. This includes the raising of hire contracts, purchase orders, transfers, goods inwards and all associated paperwork in line with company policies and procedures.
- Successfully converting hire enquiries into hire orders, liaising with the sales office and regional sales teams as required
- Planning transport ensuring the routing is practicable, cost effective and meets customer expectations. Check all deliveries and collections are on time and pre-check collections, ensuring utilising trailers to a maximum and backloads after delivery
- Ensuring transport logs are completed on a weekly basis
- Processing orders with suppliers and customers
- Liaising with administrator and supporting daily admin duties
- Proactively follow up prospects on Glenigan’s as well as selling and upselling where possible
- Ensuring all company documentation is completed correctly, in line with company policies and in a timely manager
- Sourcing equipment
- Attend and participate meetings and training sessions that may be necessary in the performance of your duties
- Comply with and uphold company policies and procedures
- Undertake any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time
It is a requirement of Pickerings that all colleagues work in a flexible manner compatible with their job and in line with the objectives of the company.
Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the business.
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday buy back scheme
- 25 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assist Programme
- Spectrum Life – Healthy Mind and Body (bespoke fitness and food plan)
- Benefits Hub – discounts on retailers, days out, restaurants, holidays and more
To apply please click here.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Any unsolicited CV’s will be sent at the recruitment agency’s own risk and will be interpreted as ‘gifts’ and we have no liability to you for any fee or otherwise. We reserve the right to engage with candidates directly having not, in any way, entered into your terms and conditions for this vacancy. By submitting an unsolicited CV to us, or to any member of our staff, you accept these terms as the default position. If we require your assistance with any vacancy we will contact you.