Hire Controller, Kent
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Hire Controller to join a privately owned accommodation hire firm. Since formation in 1969, the company has grown into a leading, privately owned hire firm, specialising in site accommodation equipment.
The Hire Controller will assist in the safe, smooth and efficient day to day running of the depot. Work flexibly as a member of the team, providing a customer-focused service.
Duties that will be included in this role:
- Liaising with customers and suppliers, as and when required, presenting yourself in a professional manner.
- Working collaboratively with other depots, sharing stock and passing orders on for their areas and providing assistance as and when required, either in person or over the phone.
- Liaising with the Foreman around readiness of equipment, breakdowns, availability etc.
- Use all relevant aspects of the Insphire hire system. This includes the raising of hire contracts, purchase orders, transfers, goods inwards and all associated paperwork in line with company policies and procedures.
- Successfully converting hire enquiries into hire orders, liaising with the sales office and regional sales teams as required.
- Planning transport ensuring the routing is practicable, cost effective and meets customer expectations. Check all deliveries and collections are on time and pre check collections, ensuring utilizing trailers to a maximum and backloads after delivery.
- Ensuring transport logs are completed on a weekly basis
- Processing orders with suppliers and customers.
- Liaising with administrator and supporting daily admin duties
- Proactively follow up prospects on Glenigan’s as well as selling and upselling where possible.
- Ensuring all company documentation is completed correctly, in line with company policies and in a timely manager.
- Sourcing equipment
- Attend and participate meetings and training sessions that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
- Have previously worked in a Hire Controller role or similar
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Proactive and flexible
- GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths, or equivalent
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Professional telephone manner
- Ability to work well to timescales and deadlines.
- Experience of accommodation hire is desirable but not essential.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday, 9 hours per day, 45 hours per week.
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday buy back scheme
- Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Eye care vouchers
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org