HGV Class 1 HIAB Driver - Teesside
We are currently recruiting for a HGV Class 1 HIAB driver for the Pickerings Teesside depot that covers the North East of England. You will be responsible for the delivery, off-loading and collection of a range of modular buildings, portable cabins and related products up to size of 32' x 10' (9m x 3m)
Reporting to: Assistant Manager
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Comply with all Health & Safety policies and procedures relating to the welfare of others and self at all times in the depot and on site. Adhering to the depot and site RAMS at all times.
- Delivery and collection of hire fleet, ensuring all damages and shortages are recorded and signed for, then reported to the office.
- Ensuring all check sheets are completed and relevant certificates are in place and in date.
- Ensuring the daily vehicle safety checks are completed, the vehicle is maintained and any defects are reporting immediately, including housekeeping.
- Managing tachograph in line with legislative requirements.
- Attend CPC training as directed by Pickerings Hire Ltd.
- Ensuring all health and safety requirements are adhered to whilst driving, loading and unloading of hire fleet and working in the yard and on sites. Including but not limited to wearing/using the correct personal protective equipment.
- Load Security, ensuring all equipment is transported safely and correctly, in line with health and safety regulations and equipment is operated correctly.
- Sometimes working at height on top of tall loads with the use of fall arrest and harness systems.
- Providing a professional service when making deliveries and collections on site.
- Delivering/collecting of portable site accommodation, including welfare units, modular buildings and portable cabins to a variety of our client’s customers, with the use of a HIAB crane.
- Ensuring all paperwork and hire docs are completed within timescale.
- Liaising with the depot office regarding delivery schedule and delays.
- Complete a final check of the accommodation units and ensure they are customer ready when sited.
- Utilising trailers at all times (class 1)
- Attend and participate meetings and training sessions that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
- Comply with and uphold company policies and procedures.
- Undertake any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time.
- Daily vehicle safety checks to be completed alongside pre-use crane checks and lifting equipment.
- Hold a Class 1 / C+E licence with Wagon and Drag experience being the preference.
- Possess a digital tachograph card.
- Hold a full, valid DQC card.
- HIAB licence is essential.
- Candidates must be professional and approachable at all times. This is a customer facing role.
- Experience in a similar role would be advantageous, however not essential.
- Evidence provided and licence check to be completed at interview stage.
Start times may vary but are generally between the hours of 05:30 and 07:30 Monday – Friday with no nights away. Weekend work may be offered occasionally but is not the norm.
It is a requirement of Pickerings that all colleagues work in a flexible manner compatible with their job and in line with the objectives of the company.
Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the business.
• Competitive Salary
• Holiday buy back scheme
• 25 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays
• Company pension scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Spectrum Life – Healthy Mind and Body (bespoke fitness and food plan)
• Benefits Hub – discounts on retailers, days out, restaurants, holidays and more
Job Type: Full time
To apply please click here
Pickerings is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Any unsolicited CV’s will be sent at the recruitment agency’s own risk and will be interpreted as ‘gifts’ and we have no liability to you for any fee or otherwise. We reserve the right to engage with candidates directly having not, in any way, entered into your terms and conditions for this vacancy. By submitting an unsolicited CV to us, or to any member of our staff, you accept these terms as the default position. If we require your assistance with any vacancy we will contact you.