HGV Class 1 HIAB Driver
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a HGV HIAB Driver to join a privately owned accommodation hire company based at our depot in Tipton, Birmingham. Since formation in 1969, the company has grown into a leading, privately owned hire firm, specialising in site accommodation equipment.
The HGV Class 1 HIAB Driver will be responsible for safely & efficiently delivering portable accommodation to a high standard.
Duties that will be included in this role:
- Comply with all Health & Safety policies and procedures relating to the welfare of others and self at all times in the depot and on site. Adhering to the depot and site RAMS at all times.
- Delivery and collection of hire fleet, ensuring all damages and shortages are recorded and signed for, then reported to the office
- Ensuring all check sheets are completed and relevant certificates are in place and in date
- Ensuring the daily vehicle and crane safety checks are completed and defects are reporting immediately. Including housekeeping
- Managing tachograph in line with legislative requirements
- Attend CPC training as directed by Pickerings Hire Ltd
- Ensuring all health and safety requirements are adhered to whilst driving, loading and unloading of hire fleet and working in the yard and on sites. Including but not limited to wearing/using the correct personal protective equipment
- Providing a professional service when making deliveries and collections on site.
- Ensuring all paperwork and hire docs are completed within timescale.
- Liaising with the depot office regarding delivery schedule and delays.
- Complete a final check of the accommodation units and ensure they are customer ready when sited.
- Utilising trailers at all times (class 1)
- Attend and participate meetings and training sessions that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
- HIAB licence for hook over 20t/m is essential.
- Candidates must be professional and approachable at all times. This is a customer facing role.
- Hold a Class 1 / C+E licence.
- Possess a digital tachograph card.
- Hold a full, valid DQC card.
- Evidence provided and licence check to be completed at interview stage.
Hours of Work:
Full time – Monday to Friday - 45 hours per week with varying start times between 5.00 am and 7.00 am. Overtime is available.
Flexibility is required from the successful candidate to meet the needs of the business and client requirements.
- Competitive Salary & overtime available
- Holiday buy back scheme
- 25 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
To apply for this role at Pickerings please email your current CV to email@example.com