Cabin Specialist - Leeds
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Cabin Specialist to join a privately owned hire firm at our depot in Leeds.
Since formation in 1969, the company has grown into a leading, privately owned hire firm, specialising in site accommodation equipment. The Cabin Specialist's responsibilities are to clean, repair and prepare site accommodation ready for hire, while maintaining the yard to company standards as per the quality standards manual and in accordance with the current Risk Assessment Method Statements (R.A.M.S)
Reporting to: General Manager
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensuring you comply with and adhere to all R.A.M.S and Health & safety policies including the correct use and wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ensuring you comply with the 4 C’s policy.
- Preparing site accommodation and equipment to a high standard ready for hire in accordance with the quality standards manual and P.D.I.
- Carrying out repairs and refurbishments on site accommodation.
- When dealing with customers always present yourself in a professional manner.
- Keeping the yard clean and tidy, maintaining company standards at all times.
- Attend and participate in meetings and training sessions that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
- Complying with and upholding company policies and procedures.
- Undertaking any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time.
ADDITIONAL TRAINING (DEPOT SPECIFIC)
- Complete PAT Testing and Level 1 & Level 2 electrical work as and when required and implement in day to day work if fully trained and qualified.
- Competently use the forklift truck to move units around the yard, if fully trained.
- Spray paint the units to Pickering’s standard and the customer’s specification if fully trained.
- Be a good team player
- Energetic and driven
- Have the ability to work on own initiative when required.
- Very flexible with good work ethic
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety procedures
- Good working knowledge of carpentry and plumbing
- Good working knowledge of 240 volt electrical systems
- Knowledge of the plant and accommodation industry is desirable
It is a requirement of Pickerings that all colleagues work in a flexible manner compatible with their job and in line with the objectives of the company.
Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the business.
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday buy back scheme
- 25 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
Job Type: Full time
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Any unsolicited CV’s will be sent at the recruitment agency’s own risk and will be interpreted as ‘gifts’ and we have no liability to you for any fee or otherwise. We reserve the right to engage with candidates directly having not, in any way, entered into your terms and conditions for this vacancy. By submitting an unsolicited CV to us, or to any member of our staff, you accept these terms as the default position. If we require your assistance with any vacancy we will contact you.