Business Development Advisor, Head Office, Measham
Pickerings is a long-standing and reputable supplier of modular buildings, portable accommodation and related products and services with a head office at Measham, close to the Leicestershire and Derbyshire borders.
We are currently expanding our team and recruiting for a Business Development Advisor.
You will be required to prospect new customers with a view to increasing our customer base and revenue; maintain and build sales for National customers; building strong relationships with both internal and external customers via telephone and advising on our product range, upselling where possible; raising and processing quotations and orders via our Salesforce system.
Reporting to: Team Leader
- Be eager and tenacious with the drive to seek new business and meet or exceed KPI targets
- Arrange appointments for National Account Manager
- Actively seek and identify new business opportunities through the use of Glenigans, customer relationships and internet searches in your allocated region.
- Research Glenigan’s for new and updated projects in your allocated region
- Confident in using Microsoft Teams
- Seek out the appropriate decision maker in the organisation to speak to.
- Make calls to existing and prospect customers on a daily basis (min 30+ per day)
- Understand the needs of our customers and respond to all emails within 30 mins
- Have a good understanding of our services and products to meet customer expectations
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Provide accurate quotations within agreed time scales
- Upsell and cross sell products at every opportunity to increase sales and profit margins.
- Build rapport with customers to create continued relationships
- Follow up quotations and new prospects within agreed timescales.
- Contacting lapsing customers to regain business.
- Provide a high standard of customer service to our customers by dealing with any issues prior to acceptance of order by depot.
- Use all relevant aspects of Salesforce. This includes the raising of hire contracts and quotes in line with company policies and procedures.
- Undertake a full range of administration duties, including word processing, dealing with telephone enquiries and completing reports as requested.
- Ensure all company documentation is completed correctly, in line with company policies and in a timely manner.
- Maintain company and customer records ensuring complicity with GDPR Act (2018).
- Building rapport and working collaboratively with the depots, passing orders on for their areas and providing assistance as and when required, either in person or over the phone.
- All on / off hire issues to be passed onto the depot for resolution.
- Attend and participate in meetings and training sessions that may be necessary in the performance of my duties.
- May be required to undertake any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time.
Health & Safety:
- Complying with all Health & Safety policies and procedures relating to the welfare of others and myself at all times in the office, depot and on site.
- Complying with the applicable Risk assessments & Method statements (R.A.M.S).
- Comply with and uphold company policies and procedures.
It is a requirement of Pickerings that all colleagues work in a flexible manner compatible with their job and in line with the objectives of the company. Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the business.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus scheme based on KPI performance
- Holiday buy back scheme
- 25 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
Job Type: Full time
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com