Assistant Depot Manager, High Wycombe
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Depot Manager for Pickerings Depot near High Wycombe (known as our Aylesbury depot) that covers the Northern Home Counties and South-East of England.
You will ensure the safe, smooth, efficient day to day running of the depot, implementing effective and efficient ways of working within the depot whilst building and maintaining professional customer relations.
You will be reporting to the Depot Manager and be responsbile for Hire Controller, Hire Administrator & Drivers.
- Complying with and managing all Health & Safety relating to the welfare of others at all times in the depot and on site. Including managing depot and site risk assessments and method statements (R.A.M.S) and adhering to the Health and Safety policies in depot and onsite at all times.
- Ensuring the management of Safety inspections (Bureau Veritas) are compliant, current and up-to-date and any next steps have been resolved within timescales.
- Ensuring full compliance of the 4 C’s policy.
- Monitoring depot security and colleague welfare at all times.
- Assisting with the recruitment, training and development of colleagues, ensuring everyone is qualified and working at the correct level.
- Deliver /support colleagues with absence management, performance and grievance / disciplinary process
- Completing honest performance reviews with your team as and when required.
- When dealing with customers always present yourself in a professional manner.
- Dealing with any customer enquiries and complaints in a professional and timely manner.
- Making decisions to support the growth of the depot. Delegating and managing colleagues as appropriate. Escalating any issues when necessary.
- Understanding and utilising the information from the Management Accounts to measure and influence the depots performance. Comparing management accounts with budgets and addressing any short falls, with the Depot Manager
- Ensuring correct nominal codes are used at all times.
- Using all relevant aspects of the InspHire system. Including the raising of hire contracts, purchase orders, transfers, goods inwards and all associated paperwork in line with company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring all company documentation is completed correctly, in line with company policies and in a timely manner in line with GDPR Act (2018).
- Working collaboratively with other depots, sharing stock and passing orders on for their areas and providing assistance as and when required, either in person or over the phone.
- Successfully converting hire enquiries into hire orders, liaising with the sales office and regional sales teams as required.
- Ensuring orders with suppliers are processed correctly.
- Maintaining regular contact with the Head Office team, assisting with customer and supplier queries, fleet management and cost control as and when required.
- Planning transport ensuring the routing is practicable, cost effective and meets customer expectations.
- Ensuring all vehicles are serviced in line with transport policy. They are logged and completed on time. Ensure that breakdowns are completed in a timely manner or in line with the S.L.A’s and all actions are followed up.
- Monitor and report any shortfalls in damage recharges, workshop costs, transport profit.
- Ensuring weekly timesheets are accurate and completed on time.
- Plan the generator service schedule and liaise with the foreman to keep to schedule.
- Ensuring all transport compliance policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Attending and participating in meetings and training sessions that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
- Complying with and uphold company policies and procedures.
- Undertaking any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time.
It is a requirement of Pickerings that all colleagues work in a flexible manner compatible with their job and in line with the objectives of the company.
Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the business.
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday buy back scheme
- 25 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
Job Type: Full time
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com