Administration Assistant - Manchester
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Administration Assistant to join our team at our depot in Manchester to assist in the safe, smooth and efficient day to day running of the depot, while working flexibly as a member of the team, providing a customer-focused service.
Reporting to: Assistant Manager
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Complying with all Health & Safety policies and procedures relating to the welfare of others and myself at all times in the depot and on site.
- Complying with the depot and site Risk assessments & Method statements (R.A.M.S).
- Comply with and uphold company policies and procedures.
- Liaising with our customers and suppliers, as and when required.
- Providing the customer with a professional service.
- Deal appropriately with any queries that arise: e.g. - purchase ledger, invoices
- Use all relevant aspects of the Insphire hire system. This includes the raising of hire contracts, purchase orders, transfers, goods inwards and all associated paperwork in line with company policies and procedures.
- Undertake a full range of administration duties, including word processing, dealing with telephone enquiries, photocopying and filing, completing reports as requested.
- Ensure all company documentation is completed correctly, in line with company policies and in a timely manner.
- Maintain company records ensuring complicity with Data Protection Act (2018).
- Implement and maintain administrative processes.
- Raise purchase orders & use the correct nominal codes.
- Place supplier orders either over the telephone or via email.
- Chase supplier orders where necessary.
- Assist and support the Hire Controller and complete some of their key duties in their absence.
- Send the drivers timesheets and transports logs to Transport and Compliance administrator each week to comply with Working Time Directive legislation.
- Update and maintain the generator service board as required.
- Will source equipment that is needed within an agreed timescale.
- Work collaboratively with other depots, sharing stock and passing orders on for their areas and providing assistance as and when required, either in person or over the phone.
- Attend and participate in meetings and training sessions that may be necessary in the performance of my duties.
- May be required to undertake any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time.
It is a requirement of Pickerings that all colleagues work in a flexible manner compatible with their job and in line with the objectives of the company.
Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the business.
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday buy back scheme
- 25 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
Job Type: Full time
To apply please click here
Pickerings is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Any unsolicited CV’s will be sent at the recruitment agency’s own risk and will be interpreted as ‘gifts’ and we have no liability to you for any fee or otherwise. We reserve the right to engage with candidates directly having not, in any way, entered into your terms and conditions for this vacancy. By submitting an unsolicited CV to us, or to any member of our staff, you accept these terms as the default position. If we require your assistance with any vacancy we will contact you.