Administration Assistant, Exeter Willand
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Administration Assistant to join a privately owned accommodation hire firm. Since formation in 1969, the company has grown into a leading, privately owned hire firm, specialising in site accommodation equipment.
The Administration Assistant will assist in the safe, smooth and efficient day to day running of the depot. Work flexibly as a member of the team, providing a customer-focused service.
Duties that will be included in this role:
- Liaising with our customers and suppliers, as and when required.
- Providing the customer with a professional service.
- Deal appropriately with any queries that arise: e.g. - purchase ledger, invoices
- Use all relevant aspects of the Insphire hire system. This includes the raising of hire contracts, purchase orders, transfers, goods inwards and all associated paperwork in line with company policies and procedures.
- Undertake a full range of administration duties, including word processing, dealing with telephone enquiries, photocopying and filing, completing reports as requested.
- Ensure all company documentation is completed correctly, in line with company policies and in a timely manner.
- Maintain company records ensuring complicity with GDPR Act (2018).
- Implement and maintain administrative processes.
- Raise purchase orders & use the correct nominal codes.
- Place supplier orders either over the telephone or via email.
- Chase supplier orders where necessary.
- Assist and support the Hire Controller and complete some of their key duties in their absence.
- Send the drivers timesheets and transports logs to Transport and Compliance administrator each week to comply with Working Time Directive legislation.
- Update and maintain the generator service board as required.
- Will source equipment that is needed within an agreed timescale.
- Work collaboratively with other depots, sharing stock and passing orders on for their areas and providing assistance as and when required, either in person or over the phone.
- Attend and participate in meetings and training sessions that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
- Have previously worked in an Administration Assistant role or similar
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Proactive and flexible
- GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths, or equivalent
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Professional telephone manner
- Ability to work well to timescales and deadlines.
- Experience of accommodation hire is desirable but not essential
The hours of work are Monday – Friday 8.00am to 5.00pm
- Competitive Salary
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Holiday buy back scheme
- Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Eye care vouchers
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position please email your current CV to: email@example.com